At D&B Tile, we provide tile flooring in Palm Beach for all kinds of rooms. While bathrooms and kitchens are some of the most popular tiled rooms, we’ve also helped many people find the right tile for their wine cellars.
Today, we’ll discuss what to look for when choosing wine cellar tile and examine some popular wine cellar design trends.
What to Look for When Choosing Wine Cellar Tile
There are three major things you should look for when choosing tile for your wine cellar:
- Stain Resistance – It's important to find a stain-resistant tile. While obviously you don’t want any wine to spill, ceramic is easy to clean in the event that this happens.
- Moisture Resistance – Cellars tend to experience more moisture than many other areas of the home. Ceramic is a non-porous material, which means you won’t have to worry about it absorbing that moisture.
- Mold Resistance – Given the increased moisture found in cellars, you also want to find a material that is easy to clean if mold gets on it. Ceramic can “suppress and even destroy” this mold.
While these are the three major qualities that make ceramic the right choice for many wine cellars, this material also comes with many other advantages that aren’t specific to wine cellars.
For instance, it’s an especially eco-friendly material. It’s also long-lasting, which means you don’t have to worry about replacing it the way you would with carpet or even linoleum.
Finally, its versatility means it can easily be placed in other areas of the home, creating a visual motif throughout your house.
Choosing the Right Aesthetic
As with all design projects, you also want to make sure to find material that matches your aesthetic vision for a space. Ideally, you can find a material that looks good while also providing the practical benefits listed above.
Ceramic has a major advantage here, since so many different designs can be added to its glaze. This means that ceramic can take on any design or color. Manufacturers can even make it look like wood or other materials.
Our friends at WhyTile listed some stunning wine cellar tile designs. Here were some of our favorites:
- Wood look ceramic tile allows you to capture the rustic, cultured aesthetic of wood, without having to worry about wood’s vulnerability to moisture.
- Stone look ceramic tile can be used to create a classic old-world wine cellar that impresses visitors.
- Geometric tile designs catch the eye, creating visually engaging designs.
If you’re having trouble determining which tile would look best in your wine cellar, it’s worth speaking with an interior designer. They will be able to give you ideas and help you determine the aesthetic that you will be most pleased with.
Looking for Tile Flooring in Palm Beach?
You’ve come to the right place. At D&B Tile, we work with homeowners, architects, designers, and more to help them see the beautiful variety of tile available on the market today. Whether you’re building a new home or renovating a single room, we’ll be happy to help.
Do you have any questions about what we can do for you? Would you like to request a consultation with a design expert? Please don’t hesitate to contact us today. Our decades of experience mean we’re prepared to find the perfect tile for you.